Before filing your corporate structure, ask yourself questions to determine which form is most aligned with your business model. For example (not a comprehensive list):
- Will you need to sell diverse types of stocks?
- Will you need more than 100 investors?
- Will your company sell stock to other companies or entities outside the U.S.?
- Is your business prohibited from filing as an S-corp?
- Will your company publicly trade stocks?
If you are not certain which corporate entity to choose, consider consulting with an attorney or law firm that specializes in corporate law.